What does God say to you regarding all people of the world knowing Him?
Does His word move you to act but you aren’t sure how?
What can you do if you are not called personally to “go into all the world?”
There is opportunity for you to make a difference. The question is will you heed the call?
Malawi, Africa is a land-locked country in the south-eastern part of Africa. As in so many countries in Africa, Christianity has come, but many countries of Africa are deficient in trained and effective Christian leadership. Malawi is among the world’s least developed and densely populated countries. The economy is highly agricultural, therefore, a largely rural population of people who are poor. God has laid on my heart to assist a pastor in Malawi who shepherds 28 young pastors and has planted 28 rural churches. There are three ways in which I sense led to assist:
- To provide Bibles written in their native language of Chichewa, to over 2000 men, women and children in Malawi.
- To assist in developing a library of seminary books for the pastors to learn and grow in their knowledge in order to under-shepherd the flocks.
- To enlist a group of pastors from the USA who will commit to travel to Malawi on short-term missionary trips to help train a growing number of 28 young pastors.
If God speaks to your heart, will you help me assist the people of Malawi who are hungry for the Word of God?
Can most of us in America even imagine not being able to afford to purchase a Bible? If you are a middle class American Christian, you have, most likely, more than one Bible. You, most likely, have a computer which gives you access to all the translations of the Bible on the internet. The Word is readily available. Many people in Malawi only hear the word spoken on Sundays. An average of 40% of the people speak English but mainly in urban areas, so English Bibles are not sufficient in the rural areas of Malawi.
Here’s how you can help.
- Please prayerfully consider making a one-time donation or monthly donations to purchase the Chichewa Bibles. Each Chichewa Bible costs approximately $9.00. Every penny you donate goes directly to the cost of each Bible. We will be working directly with the Bible Society of Malawi to have the Bibles shipped by truck to some of the rural areas of Malawi to distribute the Bibles among the poor and needy.
- Prayerfully consider making a one-time donation or monthly donations to have the seminary books carried to Malawi by missionaries. Please prayerfully consider assisting me in obtaining new or used seminary books to courier to the pastors in Malawi. If you have any seminary books to donate, please enter information on the “contact” page.
- Please prayerfully consider assisting me in gathering pastors in the US who sense a calling to train pastors and Christian leaders in Malawi. We will undertake planning short-term mission trips on their behalf.
The need is pressing. The people of Malawi need our help. Say “yes” when the Lord speaks to your heart.
When making a donation for Chichewa Bibles, please make note of that on the Paypal form. Thank you.